1. to make active; cause to function or act.
2. Physics. to render more reactive; excite: to activate a molecule. to induce radioactivity.
3. to aerate (sewage) in order to accelerate decomposition of impure organic matter by microorganisms.
4. Chemistry. to make (carbon, a catalyst, molecules, etc.) more active. to hasten (reactions) by various means, as heating.
5. to place (a military unit or station) on an active status in an assigne
"words can be activated in systems."
"rests can be activated in ways."
"regions can be activated during episodes."
"carbons can be activated."
"charcoals can be activated."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.