1. sharp or severe in effect; intense: acute sorrow; an acute pain.
2. extremely great or serious; crucial; critical: an acute shortage of oil.
3. (of disease) brief and severe (opposed to chronic).
4. sharp or penetrating in intellect, insight, or perception: an acute observer.
5. extremely sensitive even to slight details or impressions: acute eyesight.
6. sharp at the end; ending in a point.
7. Geometry. (of an angle) less than 90°. (of a triangle) containing only
"problems can be acute in places."
"anxieties can be acute in places."
"problems can be acute in countries."
"problems can be acute in areas."
"tensions can be acute in wars."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.