1. to state or assert positively; maintain as true: to affirm one's loyalty to one's country; He affirmed that all was well.
2. to confirm or ratify: The appellate court affirmed the judgment of the lower court.
3. to assert solemnly: He affirmed his innocence.
4. to express agreement with or commitment to; uphold; support: to affirm human rights. verb (used without object)
5. Law. to state something solemnly before a court or magistrate, but without oath.
"resolutions can be affirm."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.