1. having life; living; existing; not dead or lifeless.
2. living (used for emphasis): the proudest man alive.
3. in a state of action; in force or operation; active: to keep hope alive.
4. full of energy and spirit; lively: Grandmother's more alive than most of her contemporaries.
5. having the quality of life; vivid; vibrant: The room was alive with color.
6. Electricity. live2 (def 17). Idioms
7. alive to, alert or sensitive to; aware of: City planners are a
"people can be alive in/at/on todays."
"people can be alive to opportunities."
"hills can be alive with sounds."
"remembrances can be alive in dates."
"places can be alive amid costs."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.