1. a person who writes a novel, poem, essay, etc.; the composer of a literary work, as distinguished from a compiler, translator, editor, or copyist.
2. the literary production or productions of a writer: to find a passage in an author.
3. the maker of anything; creator; originator: the author of a new tax plan.
4. Computers. the writer of a software program, especially a hypertext or multimedia application.
verb (used with object)
5. to write; be the author of: He authored a
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.