1. food, or some substitute, used as a lure in fishing, trapping, etc.
2. a poisoned lure used in exterminating pests.
3. an allurement; enticement: Employees were lured with the bait of annual bonuses.
4. an object for pulling molten or liquefied material, as glass, from a vat or the like by adhesion.
5. South Midland and Southern U.S. a large or sufficient quantity or amount: He fetched a good bait of wood. an excessive quantity or amount.
6. British Slang. food. verb (u
"hooks can be baited."
"breaths can be baited."
"lines can be baited."
"boxes can be baited."
"areas can be baited."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.